Do You Know the Benefits of Low Testosterone Treatment?
There are many benefits of testosterone treatment for men.
Some of the primary benefits of testosterone replacement are that it helps you lose weight, maintain proper body mass, and improves energy and sexual performance.
As men grow older, declining levels of testosterone are inevitable. However, with prescription testosterone treatments you can maintain an active and healthy lifestyle.
There are so many life changing benefits of testosterone treatment.
Testosterone is the primary male hormone. Testosterone is vital to your ability to build muscle and metabolize fat. Testosterone keeps your energy levels high and sex life good. Unfortunately, you do not have an unlimited supply of testosterone. Once you are over 20, your testosterone levels begin to decline, and the older you get, the more your testosterone levels drop.
Once you are over 30 you can begin to really feel the effects of declining testosterone. Low testosterone can lead to:
Sexual performance issues
If you are over 35, and feeling any or all of the above, there is a good chance that you can benefit from testosterone treatments. There are many benefits of testosterone treatment for men. Here are the top ten benefits of testosterone replacement therapy.
1. Helps you to lose weight and maintain proper body mass –Every man knows that the older you get, the easier it is to put on weight and the harder it is to take it off! Your declining testosterone levels have a lot to do with that. Your fat to muscle ratio, also known as your Body Mass Index, or BMI, is largely regulated by your hormones. Your ability to burn fat (especially abdominal fat) and build lean muscle is directly proportional to your levels of critical hormones such as testosterone. Studies suggest that there is an inverse relationship between increased testosterone levels and body fatness (see Rohrmann S et al, NHANES III 2011: 22).
2. Improves bone density – As your hormones decline as you age, it can lead to bone loss. This is why older folks are more susceptible to breaks and fractures, even from a relatively minor fall. Low testosterone plays a major role in weakening bones, and making them break more easily, and harder to heal. Testosterone treatment strengthens bones, and can help reverse bone loss. It has a similar effect on the enamel of your teeth!
3. Increases energy and vitality – One of the first noticeable signs of low testosterone, also known as “Low-T,” is a lack of energy and motivation. Conversely, one of the first differences patients on testosterone therapy notice is increased energy, and a sense of renewed vitality.
4. Improves cardiovascular health – There was a time when it was thought that testosterone treatment could increase the risk of heart attack. We now know that not only is that not the case, current research suggest that treatments for low testosterone can actually decrease your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
5. A remedy for erectile dysfunction – Testosterone therapy, helps to improve blood flow and nerve sensitivity, so it can also help men with erectile dysfunction (ED). Testosterone is also a precursor to nitric oxide production. Nitric oxide is essential to erectile function. In fact, increasing the levels of nitric oxide in the blood, is exactly how Viagra and many of the other popular ED medications work.
6. Improved libido – In addition to helping you to achieve better and more sustainable erections, testosterone therapy has been known to also increase libido or sex drive.
7. Increased focus and cognition – Testosterone replacement treatments have been very effective in helping to clear up the “brain fog” that many men experience as they get older. It aids in improving memory, focus, and cognition, and therefore it can also help to improve your job performance.
8. Improved emotional well-being – Men with Low-T, are more likely to develop emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, and increased irritability. Testosterone replacement therapy can help return you to a more stable and assured version of yourself.
9. Improved recovery – Testosterone treatment improves cellular health and cellular metabolism. It can help to prevent some of the ravages of aging, by prolonging the life of cells, and can help you to recover quicker from illness and injuries.
10. Improved self-esteem – Testosterone treatment can help you regain confidence and help you to feel better about yourself. This is not only due to its positive impact on mood and depression, but, as you start to see a younger, stronger, leaner version of yourself in the mirror, your self-confidence will return.
Testosterone is vital to your ability to build muscle and metabolize fat. Testosterone keeps your energy levels high and sex life good.
Other Health Benefits of Testosterone
As men grow older, declining levels of testosterone are inevitable. However, with prescription testosterone treatments, you can return to the man you once were – or always wanted to be!
Testosterone therapy is designed to make you feel younger, stronger, and improve your confidence, so you can continue to do all the things you enjoy most in life.
In general, the symptoms of low testosterone, or Low-T affect three areas of your life:
How do you know if you need testosterone therapy? Look for the following warning signs:
A lack of energy
Weight gain, particularly belly fat
Loss of interest in sex, or poor sexual performance
Lack of morning erections
Loss of drive and confidence
Depression, anxiety, irritability and other “mood swings,”
Memory issues and other cognitive difficulties
If you are experiencing any, or all of the above, there is a good chance that you will benefit from testosterone treatment.
You do not have an unlimited supply of testosterone. Once you are over 20, your testosterone levels begin to decline, and the older you get, the more your testosterone levels drop.
How Long Until I See the Benefits of Testosterone Treatment?
Your first course of testosterone treatment will probably be prescribed for six months to one year. You will begin to feel many of the benefits of testosterone treatment in the first four to six weeks. The first signs reported by most men that your testosterone treatments are working are better sleep and improved sex drive and sexual performance. Over the next few weeks and months of your testosterone treatment you will begin to see a significant improvement in your body shape and structure, your strength, stamina and vitality will all increase, your moods will improve, as well your ability to focus and concentrate.
By the end of your testosterone therapy treatments you will be a better, stronger, healthier version of yourself.
How Can I Get All of the Benefits of Testosterone Treatment?
Any medical doctor can prescribe testosterone treatments for you. However, if you want to be sure that you get every benefit on this list, and more, it is best that you seek your testosterone replacement therapy from a doctor who specializes in hormone replacement therapy, also known as “HRT.”
Such practitioners will be able to look at your overall health and wellness, and prescribe additional therapies along with testosterone therapy as needed, in order to help you look and feel your best at any age!
So now that you know a little more about the many benefits of testosterone treatments, why not contact us, and start on the path to a healthier, stronger, younger you!
If you want to be sure that you get every benefit possible from testosterone therapy, you should choose a doctor who specializes in hormone replacement therapy.